New uniform, schedule update, tips & suggestions
Congratulations on your child moving up to the Green Belt level at Magnus Karate!
See Important Information Below:
1 – New Uniform Requirement Link
2 – Green Belt Schedule
3 – Tips & Suggestions for success at Green Belt Level
NEW UNIFORM REQUIREMENT
- Price: $49.00
- Payment Due Date: Friday August 13, 2021
- All students are required to wear the Magnus Karate green belt uniform (an 8oz. white uniform with our school logo and Chinese characters screen printed on the front).
- Older white uniforms are no longer accepted in green belt classes.
- Please provide your child’s current uniform size in the remarks section of the purchase.
*Please leave up to 2 weeks for project completion - uniforms are custom, we do not keep inventory for this product.
Your NEW schedule options
- Listed below are your new class options at the green belt level.
If your child has already received their green belt from an in class promotion please begin using this schedule immediately.
- Monday: 4:45 – 5:30PM
- Tuesday: 5:35 – 6:20PM
- Wednesday: 5:00 – 5:45PM
- Thursday: 5:35 – 6:20PM
TIPS, SUGGESTIONS, FAQ
- Green belt is considered an intermediate level rank at our karate school. On average students spend 9-12 months learning curriculum content within the three ranks of green belt.
- Green belt curriculum is an exciting time for a young student. Students are introduced to pre-advanced level content as to prepare them for the advanced brown belt level.
- In order to maintain consistent growth and confidence development within our curriculum Magnus Karate highly suggests continuing attendance at an average of two times per week.
- Attending class inconsistently, missing large gaps of time, or averaging 4-5 classes per month is strongly discouraged (class pace moves fast, new lessons are frequently introduced, and curriculum exposure nearly doubles from beginner expectations).
- Attending part time (3-5 times per month) generally always leads to a confidence loss as students fall behind in curriculum, struggle to keep up with the expected pace of class, feel distance from their training partners, and fall behind on scheduled belt test opportunities.
- However…if a student maintains an attendance schedule of anywhere between 6-8 times per month history has taught us that this student can find great success at all levels of Magnus Karate’s curriculum.
After receiving Green Belt rank all students should immediately begin to attend Green Belt level classes.
This is a level up, and all students who have been promoted are ready to go to the next level!
Beginner class features daily class lesson plans and curriculum content which is specific for that level at Magnus Karate. Green Belt is considered a step above this level, absolutely no green belt content will be taught in Beginner classes.
To not move into green belt classes is the same as choosing not to advance a grade level when it is clearly time to do so. This decision would have a long lasting impact on any child as they will feel stuck in a curriculum and class model which no longer challenges them or meets their current needs.
There are a total of 3 ranks at the Green Belt level.
- Solid Green = 6th Kyu Rank
- Green with White Stripe = 5th Kyu Rank
- Green with Black Stripe = 4th Kyu Rank
There are a total of 9 tests before black belt level.
If a student maintains consistent attendance, and shows technical improvements they will be invited on time to the next test cycle.
Green Belt is the last level at Magnus Karate which features quarterly test intervals, at Brown belt they move to 6 month to 1 year intervals. Black Belt ranks feature 2-3 year intervals between test opportunities.